chthonya: Eagle owl eye icon (Default)
The cat rescue organisation I volunteer for has circulated a warning that several cats on one street of the town have died from antifreeze poisoning.

I hadn't been aware of this danger; ingesting it can cause kidney failure within 48 hours - not a pleasant death. Its sweet taste means that animals will lick up spillages, and that it can be added to food and drink and used to poison people and pets.

If you're a pet owner, please educate yourself:
http://www.bluedeath.org.uk/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/372363790480/

And if you're in the EU, please sign the petition calling on the European Parliament to pass legislation for proper labelling and the addition of bitterant to antifreeze products. There seems to be more awareness of this in the US, where 5 states have banned antifreeze that doesn't contain a bitterant.

Thanks for reading. :)

September 2016

S M T W T F S
    123
456789 10
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Syndicate

RSS Atom

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Jul. 23rd, 2017 12:50 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios